Wednesday, March 7, 2012

REFLECTION ZONE: Becoming a Stronger Writer



Within the game of basketball, how do you become a better shooter?  My coacher would say, "SHOOT - get outside and shoot."  Take the feedback you are given during the season and from camps, and keep practicing.  How do you become a better writer?  Write.  Take the feedback provided and write, rewrite, re-read, and revise.  Over the past two months I have grown as a writer.  I have many people to thank for this growth. One being my accountability partner who spent numerous hours reading and re-reading my paper.  His comments and help with APA format have helped me learn and grow. While I learned a lot using my APA manual, I learned even more from his comments as I saw the rules applied to my writing. My teachers also provided help in comments to improve my paper, and so did two other community members.  It is all appreciated and all the help has played a role in improving my paper and writing skills.  I have also had the opportunity to proofread and work with three other community members as they are in the process of improving their papers.  Reading, thinking, writing, and revising all require work, time, and energy, but doing these things make one a better writer.  I have learned a great deal during the writing and revisions and proofreading and re-proofreading period, and I have grown as a writer.


1 comment:

  1. Nice Work on your paper and growing as a writer. It has been a privilege to be able to work with you in this program. Thanks for all your assistance as well.

    ReplyDelete