Technology in Education
This year I will continue learning more about technology. I currently use a promethean board, activotes, a document camera, a scanner, and a classroom webpage. New this year I will be working with Compass Learning. I will begin by having students view the lessons on my promethean board. Eventually, when the tablets have wireless individual students will be able to access Compass lessons on individual tablets. I will also use Brainology software this year as part of my action research project. I am continuing ways to enhance my school webpage. This summer I attended an informational session where I learned to create forms/surveys on my website, and I created a voki, which is a talking avatar. I will see how my students react to this. The following are the two specific ways I use technology in my classroom.
This is an animated educational site for kids. It has quick 5 -10 minute clips that help introduce or review topics. I use it for math, but there are also clips for science, social studies, English, technology, art, and music. The two characters are Tim and Moby, and they have a comical manner in how they present the information. The kids seem to enjoy them, and they are right on. They hit the most important points, and explain the information very clearly. There are also 10 multiple choice questions after each topic. I annotate over the top of the screen with my promethean board, and students use the activotes to answer the questions. You can get a trial to try, but after a certain period of time (1 week if I remember) your school would need to pay to use this site. (Abby)
This site allows you to create an avatar and add your voice to it. You can choose the character, background, clothes, and bling you want for your character. You can then type your text and choose from a few accents or record your voice to the avatar. I put one on the side of my blog and one on my teacher webpage if you would like to view the examples. I choose dogs for my avatars. (Abby)
No comments:
Post a Comment